Life In the UK

Sunday, April 09, 2006

New Job- London a little bit longer!

Febuary 2006 has been a month of extreme change. All my upcoming plans as well as my daily routine have been turned upside down.

In late April I was supposed to be moving to Spain for the summer and by september - jump on the tran-siberian (in Moscow) heading east through Asia to Australia and New Zealand.

Infact the same week I was about to buy my World Air ticket, an internal position become available in my company.

I sent a few strategic emails, interviewed and here I am in Morocco a month later writing this post.

My new role is working for Company XXX ensuring their Global quality control. Basically this invloves managing people in over 60 countries who help maintain high product standards around the world.




I have moved once again! Sharing with 9 people, Several Spanish and Brasilians, and French, Italian and a Hungarian.

Although I am still based in London, the few days I spend here
I will be catching up with freinds and taking it easy, enjoying the
little things I like in London.

It is hard to share a room again at my age, but fine for now. My house is just like the movie The spanish Apartment ( Piso compartido,Auberge espanol ). Somtimes its a bit loud or messy but everyone is very freindly so it should be fun. I finally made it to Zone 1 in Bayswater, a fantastic Area.

It is a hop and a skip away from Portabello market ( Notting Hill ) where I go for my Spanish hot chocolates at Garcias on Sat/Sun mornings. I am also 5 min from Hyde park, which will be awsome in the summertime.



In the coming weeks I am off to Ecuador, Romania and Oman for work. In the middle I will stop in California for a 2 week holiday to see my parents.

Incase you are in the same part of the world at the same time as me let me know and we can catch up. I will give you an idea where I should be if my plans do not change.

I will try and stick to this work schedule for 2006.

June and July S.Korea-Thailand-Malaysia- Indonesia-Vietnam

Aug Holland- Poland- Russia-

Sept Brasil-Peru- Mexico

October Spain-Sweden-Germany-Praga

Nov Egypt- Jordan- Kuwait- Bahrain- Dubai

Dec Trindad- Honduras- San Salvador- France

Jan and Feb Australia and New Zealand

Well time for breakfast with some mint tea, and off to work- today is my last day in Casa Blanca , tomorrow I will spend the weekend in Marrakech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home