Life In the UK

Monday, February 21, 2005

Ireland and the Mediterranean

Well London is still grey, that aside I'm still having a brilliant time.



I just returned from a long weekend in Rome. I had forgot how beautiful the city is. Rome was really a lot of fun . We were a big group this time. 2 ozzie's came with me from London and I met a friend as well from Argentina .

I stayed with 3 Roman friends (I know from travel's in Mexico) and a friend from Sicily who has just moved back to Rome from London.



Besides catching up with friends and seeing the real Roma this time with locals. The highlight was food. Bella pizza, patissery, gelati and real coffee. hhmmmm . I miss it already.





We went to a tiny mountain village town (Ariccia) an hour outside Rome. It was beautiful. We spent most of the time just eating .

Prosccuto, monzerella di buffalo, porchetta, sundried tomatoes and local wine from the cellar. I can go on but the list is too long.


In Januray I was in Barcelona. I wanted to keep things interesting and catch up with some friends (It's an awesome city). In the end one friend moved to Alicante and the other was in Andorra so I went to a hostel and made new friends. I had a blast. To sum it up-3hrs sleep, clubbing, tequila, wine, a few 3 course meals and some sun on the beach with strol through Gaudi park.

I spent New Years in London in an intimate, strange but very cool hotel that was extremely English (16th century). Infact straight out of a movie with outrageous colours, paintings and statues etc... We were about dozen friends and many glasses of Champaign..

Just before the holidays I moved to West London not far from the famous Notting hill gate (and Portabello market). I left my Spanish house-mates and moved in with some Ozzies and an Irish girl. Back to English for a while. They are cool but it is definitely a different atmosphere. Much calmer and cleaner than before.



Mid December I was in Dublin. An easy city to get around (since it's so small). I liked the atmosphere it was very friendly and full of pubs and bars. Even though they use the Euro it's a very expensive place even (coming from London). Although the city itself is nothing special. Somehow I missed both my Irish friends while I was there?

A week later I spent the holidays in Paris with my brother, sister and cousins. It was nice but went too fast. I had only 5 days to eat and see as many friends and family as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home